Monday, September 15, 2008

It Is Good To Be Home

The front door opens.

Ty runs toward the couch yelling "Mom watch! Mom watch!", he does a perfect sommersalt, landing with his head resting on the seat of the chair, his body inverted, with his feet slamming against the wall. The picture he hits, clanks around and barely holds on.

Spencer has Andrew pinned face down on the floor. Spencer's knees are firmly pressing into Andrew's back. Andrew is yelling "I can't breathe, I can't breathe." Spencer knows that if he gives up his position, Andrew's strong legs will swing around and turn into a swift kick to his face.

Luke comes in from the back yard smiling with his feet covered in sand, chunks of sand in his diaper, wet sand on his hands, a ring of sand around his mouth from the yummy ball he was just tasting. And now the sand is getting everywhere he steps and touches.

Carter is screaming, as only a three year old can, "I want chocolate milk! I want chocolate milk! I want chocolate milk! I want chocolate milk! I WANT CHOCOLATE MILK!!!"

And there standing in the midst of it all is the most beautiful sight human eyes have ever had the enjoyment of beholding . . . the Mother.

Welcome to the Raymond Circus . . . It is good to be home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a good laugh. Amy how do you do it. You always looks so calm and collected. Way to go girl!

Thanks for the laugh. I had a rough day and I needed that. :)

Brian and Mel said...

I can't wait to have five, I just hope they're not all boys!